Saturday, June 24, 2017

Communication can mean everything.

    Communication is a huge part of everyone in this world. Words, languages, feelings and symbols can have meaning when we talk to others. The word communicate means to share or exchange information, news, or ideas and feelings. Language creates a shared meaning.the root word commune means to come together. Communication can be used for good or for bad, and it has an impact on those who are in discussion.
    When I was growing up,my communication with my mom was very hard. Most of the time we argued and fought all the time. This really affected how we felt individually and the rest of the family struggled helping us. Over time it has gotten better. This is something that we have both worked on and a major factor that has helped is realizing its okay to disagree. Everyone has their own opinions, but from what I have been taught, Christ doesn't want people to argue and hurt others.
     Communication is so important because, when you have a certain feeling or thought, you want people to listen and think about what you want to tell them. When you yell or try to force your ideas upon someone, the chances of them listening to you are very slim. Being a missionary, they taught us never to bible bash or argue with other people. we needed to represent Christ, and we are there to invite not force.  At the beginning of my mission, I struggled with this and after a while I came to realize they weren't ever going to listen and we weren't going to change what we taught.
    Communication of a baby,to a toddler, to a teen, and to an adult changes over time. As a baby most know when they need something they lay there and cry. as a toddler most will either say a few small words, or just point at something. At a teen most guys will either grunt, and girls love to talk about drama. As adults, starting to work in businesses and talking to other adults, they are mostly better at expressing what they want to say.
    Two of my sisters have children. My nieces and nephews are all under the age of three. I have gotten to watch as they communicate to others. An example I want to share is about my niece. As she is growing up and learning words, she practices sign language to help her understand the words meaning. she is getting better and it is very cute.
    Communication is so important in our lives. Some like me have a hard time expressing our feelings through words. and there are others like my brother and dad who can just walk up to anyone and start a conversation. No matter if you are really good, or bad at communicating, there is room for improvement, and Christ will help you. I know this to be true, because I have seen people who serve missions in a different language and country learn and have meaningful conversations with the native people.Keep your head up and keep working at your communication.

No comments:

Post a Comment